Monday 10 February 2014

9

Monday feb 10

School day. 7:22
Waiting at the second bus stop of the day. 

7:34
On the bus. 

17:37
On the bus again. School just finished. Last block was gym, and we did pong pong. Mondays for me are spent mostly sitting around, because I'm here till five thirty but only have three classes. So I read my book. 
Today at lunch there were choices: ravioli with tomato stuff, ravioli with cheese stuff, or fish and carrots with cheese. I took the carrots and fish, and I was very proud of myself for that because here in France there has been so much bread and wheat and gluten, and I haven't been feeling super great. My guess is that is has something to do with that, and I think I was right because I didn't feel as bad after lunch today. 
In summary: today school was long and I made good food choices. 

I'm not going to tell you everything that happened in every class every day, because that would be exhausting. I'll just tell you the interesting stuff, for example: I had my first history class today, and it's pretty much the same as sciences humaines back home. We ate learning about the church reforms of the Middle Ages. It's pretty dull stuff, but it's also pretty easy. Also I learned that other Canadian exchange student Castrelle's name is actually spelt Kestrel. A bit different. I feel like it's the name of a bird, or close to it...
We got our timetables and papers and stuff after gym, because the gym teacher is also our homeroom teacher and we didn't have homeroom last Friday. I need to talk to people about my timetable (emploi de temps en français) because there are some things we need to change. 
K. That's all for now. 

21:40
For dinner we had spinach noodles and chicken. It was really good. For dessert we had blueberry pie. Mmm. 
It was also Mathilde's birthday dinner (it's her birthday today :) and she opened all her presents. She liked the portrait I painted of her, but she especially liked the laptop that she got. Now she has her own computer, which is good because there was only one computer in the house until today, and it was always in use. 
We've all got an orchestra concert tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. 

P. S.
Sorry if these posts are getting shorter or less detailed, it's just that less is happening. The first couple days were a whirlwind, and now things are calming down a bit. 





No comments:

Post a Comment