Sunday 2 February 2014

1


Toronto, local date/time: Feb 1st, 10pm


I'm starting up this blog again because I'm heading off on another trip: this time an exchange to France. We're spending a couple days in Paris before us OSEF kids from all of Canada split off and go to all of our host families all over France.  I get to take a TGV from Paris :)

So we left Victoria today, and got on a plane to Toronto. I took several beautiful photos of the rockys en-route, and tried to get as much sleep as I could, with some success. It was a pretty uneventful flight, and I was still exhausted from getting up at 4am that morning. 

Well, I was writing that on the plane before take off, but this paragraph is written in the air. We were delayed for 2 hours (sigh) while the plane was de-iced. It was snowing and icy the entire time we were in Toronto. My seat mate, Kelsey, (another OSEF student) has just started watching Cloudy with a Chance of meatballs 2. But I haven't seen it yet so I'm going to try my hardest to ignore it and finish writing this and then get some sleep. 

Anyway, nothing much to report today, just lots of waiting around in an airport, and in airplanes, and contemplating the fact that before we get to our hotel in Paris we won't have really adjusted to any new time zone yet and just finished a travel day of 16 hours. We will also, before the hotel, be visiting Notre Dame, Le Louvre, and 3 more tourist sites as soon as we step off this plane. That'll be fun. It'll be like a challenge: who can stay awake the longest. 

Darn I just looked at the screen next to me. I'm getting spoilers for the animated movie I hope to see sometime, preferably with my family. Maybe they'll have it by the time I get back? (Hint, hint). 
Moving on, I don't know how interesting this is going to be but I'll tell you about my day. 

First we left home at 4:20am, (me, Lise, and Wendy) and arrived at YYJ airport and checked in and checked my gigantic suitcase. It was a couple pounds overweight, but they let it through anyway. I had decorated it the night before with various colors of duct tape, most notably a white tree which resembled the tree if Gondor (maybe Lise could send me the pictures if it from her iPod for me to post?). Other colors included rainbow, red, and blue. 

Kelsey has just informed me that CWACOM 2 is not actually very good and that in fact it is terrible, so apparently I'm not missing anything. 

Back to the story: so, after my bag had been checked, I went through security and said goodbye to Mother and Auntie. Then I met up with all the other tired, zombie kids wearing blue OSEF backpacks (a discussion of the (bad) quality of said backpacks could be an entire post on its own) and found Elsa and Eva. Then we got on the plane. Four hours later, we were in Toronto. The rest is even more boring: we waited for 6 hours in Toronto (and there was this one ad that kept playing with the same annoying little theme music. Every time it came on there was a collective groan), I bought a sandwich, then later some sushi and a chicken caesar wrap. Now I'm on the plane to Paris, very tired, will be going to sleep now. Bye. 

Quick note on airline food: it's not that bad (quite bland, but good considering) only next time try not to run out 
of pasta one seat before mine.

P. S. Some of you might know they're filming Gracepoint in Victoria with David Tennant? Well, now someone's watching the fourth Harry Potter movie, and I just realized that the guy who casts the dark mark at the Quiddich World Cup is played by him. I guess the first time I saw that movie, I'd never seen him as the doctor before, so I didn't recognize him :)

P. S. Photos will be up and running later when I have access to a computer. They will be on Imgur. I'll let you know. There might also be one per post on here, but if you want more go to imgur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment