Friday 14 February 2014

12

12

Feb 14, 2014

Yesterday was average, so no blog post. As a quick description: stuff happened. I went to school, I came home, I did homework. I do a post everyday, that's not going to work...

So. Today was a pretty average day at school. We got some homework, homework was checked (I did mine- it's nice finally being in attendance long enough to know a bit about what's going on). 
After school Kestrel came over to mine and Mathilde's house because Emma (her OSEF partner) got her wisdom teeth out and wasn't much fun to be around. We made crêpes by throwing random amounts of milk, flour, and eggs into a bowl and then haphazardly pouring the "pâte à crêpes" into the frying pan. The first one was too wet, the second too dry, and by the third it was about right. We were creative with our toppings: Nutella and sugar (except I put way too much chocolate hazelnut spread on mine and had some trouble finishing it). 
Then the afternoon progressed, we watched some Sochi Olympics on TV (this is one of the only reasons I would want a tv- to watch the Olympics every couple years) and I was reminded how "great" tv ads are, especially in French...
Eventually Kestrel left and it was time for karate. I worked more on my catan (still don't know how to spell that- I really should look it up), and was shown some basic blocks to kicks and punches with either hand. My reaction time sucks, not to mention that a lot of the time any appendage that I'm not paying attention to will do whatever it pleases. Such as: I think of my punch, my other hand stays outstretched wherever it was last. I think about tucking that hand into my side, and my punch becomes a half-hearted attempt at a fist-bump. I need to work on some coordination. 

Today it was also valentine's day, and it seems like a bigger deal here then in Victoria, but maybe that's just me. 
Anyway, the way it works is us kids get to eat a wonderful French meal in front of the tv, while the parents get the kitchen to themselves for a nice romantic dinner (of course they still have to bring food in for the kids from time to time). The food was really good- Greek salad and Chinese mini egg roll things for starters, and 4 escargots (I have now had foie gras and escargot in France, and I quite like the snail because of all the garlic and butter. There's not much actual snail taste). Then the main course: roast duck, gratin dauphinoise, rice, and green beans wrapped in bacon. For desert there was a big selection of mini cakes with were way too rich for me to eat a lot. 
Dinner was really good. I'm really full. We're going alpine skiing the entire day tomorrow. 
Good night
(23:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment