Monday 10 February 2014

8

Feb 8/ feb 9

Yesterday (feb 8):
Me and Olivier went skiing, but then we had to come back because my boots were too small and they were hurting my feet. Luckily the ski hill is only a half hour drive away. Then I worked on a watercolor postcard for the rest of the day, then Mathilde, Albane and I went to a concert in the evening. All in all, it was a pretty quiet day. Nothing much to say, except the concert was mildly entertaining and was in the same hall as karate. I think everything in Revel happens in that one hall. 
It was kinda nice to just have a quiet day; it was the first of its kind since I arrived in France. There were some people who came over for dinner, and we had some of the salmon I brought with me from Canada. I also tried foie gras, it was ok. Tasted kinda just like normal meat. I met another Canadian exchange student (Emma's) at the concert, Castrelle. She had arrived four hours ago, and was really tired. We talked French and not English, for which I was proud of. 

Today (feb 9):
It's morning and we're all getting ready to go cross-country skiing. I think we're just about to leave. Will check in later. 

Back from skiing (all day):
We went cross country skiing all day and I am thoroughly wiped out. I actually wiped out two times (fell over and rolled ungracefully down the slope) , trying to go fast down a hill. Got the wind knocked out of me the second time. Not fun, but ok. We also played "magic square" in the powdery unpressed snow (did you know that "snow plough" in French is "chasse-neige"? That means snow chaser. Such a better name than snow plough). We traced a square with diagonals and horizontals and one person was the wolf. The next person the wolf tagged was also now a wolf, and the game ended when everyone was a wolf. There were only two rules: you must keep your skis on and you must stay on the traced lines in the snow. If you fell over (and I did), you'd better get up quick otherwise you were dead meat (and I was). 
But overall it was a really good day, because even though I suck at skiing at the moment I still love it. And by the end I had improved a little. Also, we went for hot chocolate and Nutella waffles afterwards which helped a lot :)





No comments:

Post a Comment