Monday 17 February 2014

13

Feb 15, 16, 17

The weekend, and today (Monday). 

On Saturday we went skiing for the entire day (ski de pistes- alpine) and it was really scary at first but then I got the hang of it by controlling my speed, and it got better. By the end of the day I was skiing at an okay level, remembering all of the three or so days I've gone skiing in the past. Meanwhile Mathilde is off skiing backwards and going in circles and doing small jumps, as I snow plough my way cautiously and carefully down the slopes. I did not want to fall. 

I didn't end up falling, but it was a lot of work and the second time around I had to take lots of little breaks to rest my legs, because they were trembling from the effort. I figured out how to kinda give them a break for a bit, by putting my skis in parallel when going straight. It kinda worked. Sort of. I definitely have a long way to go still, considering my favorite part of skiing at the moment is still the téléchaise ride on the way up. 

Sunday was a nothing day. I caught up on my school work from France (of which there is a fair amount at the moment- I've been here long enough to be caught in the net of people who were present last time) and I plan on doing my best in the schoolwork here, even if it doesn't count for anything official back home. I figure, school is school. I'll do my homework. 
I also started on some work from home, but didn't get too far because it was getting really late and there was school tomorrow (what was I doing the rest of the day, you ask? Reading. Darn books wasting all your time :). 
I also practiced viola yesterday, which felt good. I tried to play every fiddle tune I could remember after practicing, but in the end ran out of tunes or could not figure out how they went (of course later while half asleep they all came back to me). I also got my postcard all packaged and ready to mail, and Aline mailed it for me today. Hopefully it will be at my house in Canada in 10 days-ish. 

19:00
Today was a typical Monday: school; math, history, English, chemistry, gym. Lunch was little wheat pasta-like thing with pork and yoghurt for dessert. Now I'm going to go do homework. 

23:30
Good night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment