Thursday 17 March 2016

6

6

No photos for this one. 

Another day in classes. My class is a bit lacklustre, I think. We tried to sing a song together but no one really joined in. I think we're all just tired. We did a psychoanalysis by choose-your-own-adventure style Spanish story. Apparently, because the key I found in the forest was new and shiny and silver and small, my friends are superficial. But I kept the key so my friends are for life. I don't know, I think the science is not exact on this one… It was good for practicing Spanish though.
Our outing today was to the roman bridge (in the daytime this time) to read the story of the blind man and the little guide (El lazarillo y el ciglo) which was written about 500 or more years ago about a a very poor boy who is being the guide for a very mean old blind man. The boy's mother is very poor, with another son, and it's basically up the him to find his own food. So he's starving, and resorts to stealing food and wine surreptitiously from the blind man, who notices and treats the boy very poorly and with intention to harm. Bit of a sad collection of little stories about the two, but very cool that the entire thing is set at and under the roman bridge, even mentioning a statue of a bull which stands next to the bridge. There's a statue there of the two fictional characters, in their honour. They're pretty well known.
After lunch, Supernatural came on television in Spanish. Apparently my host family watches it from time to time. That's very exciting. I posted on Twitter and mentioned the actor's names. They won't respond, but one can dream, right? I showed the picture of me and Julia dressed as Sam and Dean at Halloween to the family, they seemed to get a kick out of it. The sister (here visiting for a couple days) agrees with me that those boys "son muy guapos". And the son Alfonzo says it's one of his favourite shows. So I'm in good company.
Tonight we have some Spanish dance lessons at 7pm, really looking forward to that. And until then, after lunch, I am sequestering myself in my room to try to get some homework done. We'll see how that goes.

Well, I actually got homework done. A whole section, in fact. Calculus, man. So good, so mathy. My brain is exercised.
And we went dancing! Salsa dancing! It's like swing dancing, there's a back step, step, and then a pause instead of another step. It's a lot of fun. I had the pleasure of dancing with Sammy, and we got most of the steps right. The turn is tricky, though.  There are four major steps. Then we got some free time to dance. Not enough though, in my opinion. It was nice to dance. There was one we learned where you put on sunscreen, go in the water, then drive a "wow-wow", a car. Lots of fun.

Hamburgers for dinner, then drawing in the living room. And then goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment