Friday 25 March 2016

14

14
I'm on a train moving at 300km/h. We're about halfway to Barcelona, and I did manage to get about two hour's sleep in half hour segments. So now I've got about five ish hours under my belt and I'm feeling better.
I bought a tuna salad, yoghurt, and fruit for lunch, and Mikayla gave me her hot chocolate right before we boarded (which was really rich dark chocolate -so good), so I had plenty of food.
At this point in the trip, it being Friday and us coming home on Sunday, I'm starting to really look forward to coming home. I'm not necessarily home sick, but I will really appreciate sleeping in my own bed on a normal schedule. I'm a bit apprehensive about my viola, both GVYO and festival music, but I practiced a bunch before I left and hopefully I'll get enough in this week that I won't be butchered in orchestra on Saturday…  I'm excited to bring home my gifts for everyone, and to wear scarves everyday. I could wear a different one every day for 12 days now, with the ones I have here and at home. And they're all so nice. And the nice olive oil will be good to cook with. And the fancy flavoured lindors (I had a couple of each, but there's still plenty for everyone back home).
I'm going to see if I can manage to read some King Lear on my phone. Or maybe math, or maybe the Supernatural song. I think I can read King Lear all in one day on Monday, and I have a nice smooth ride and flat surface right here, so I might choose math. Or I might play cards.

In our hostel, the lobby has a broken chair, and a chessboard missing half the pieces, and a guitar with three working strings and one broken, unraveled, and loose. They are tuned to F, D, Eb. I used them to compose a lovely song and sing.
Our room is quite nice, six deprecate fluffy beds and a bathroom. Nice and roomy. One key. Later today we're doing a Gaudi tour, and out for dinner. I'm so excited about seeing Gaudi's buildings, including the one still in progress.


We saw a park entirely designed by Gaudí. Palm trees and ceramics and curves everywhere. Tall hill to see the entire city from. Then we did a lot of walking in really busy streets, and ate dinner on a hole-in-the-wall kind of place. We had falafels and they were so good. Then we came back to the hostel. We're gonna play cards now until late: partying hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment