Monday 14 May 2012

Sycamore whistles

Yesterday we attended a sustainable energy fair or "green fair", and there was a guy carving whistles from a sycamore branch with a knife, and he would give them away free. He also taught me how to make them, but so far, none of the ones I've made have made any sound. You can only make them using a fresh branch, and only in the spring when there's new growth just under the bark. You have to be able to slide off the outer bark without to much difficulty.
Julias, Tobin and I also got some henna done on our arms, and I bought a little tube of it and I put some more on Tobin later. The fair had a little electric two seater car as well, and a bunch of circus stuff that you could use. And it had really good potato leek soup and roasted hog sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment