Saturday 19 May 2012

Annoying day

I wrote two things today at the time they were happening:

1.
Right. So last post I said we'd be in our house swap by tonight. Maybe we wont, because of the unorganized way that this terminal organizes. They have two guys at desks at the front, to get through about 1000 people, and there are two lines. Both move slowly, but the one we chose hasn't moved at all, while the other line has about two people. Also, there are no dividers or anything, and so because we are a family and have about ten bags, we are continuously losing ground. I don't really have a voice right now, because of a sore throat. We've been standing here about half an hour when some dude opens an emergency exit, and then a really loud alarm goes off, and it stays on for about ten minutes, and when someone finally turns it off, everyone claps.
We've been here for fifty minutes now. And I feel like falling asleep. We've missed the train we were gonna take.

Update: we are on a train now, but we're not going to make it all the way to Copenhagen today.


2.
Grrr...

So today has not been a good day so far. We're staying overnight in Germany (I forget the town name) and traveling to Copenhagen tomorrow, because of the huge line up earlier. So I'm mad about that.
Why I'm really writing this though is that if I don't, I'm going to explode because I'm mad. I'll tell you why I'm mad. At a train station that we were at before, Tobin spilled his apple juice on our stuff, mostly on my viola case and big bag straps. So I was wondering whether it's possible to clean a viola case, and I was kind of worried. But now I'm just plain mad, because a few minutes ago, while we were waiting at this train station, a guy ran by carrying some beer between his fingers (not a good idea). And he drops them. And they shatter, and my viola case now has beer all on one side, and that plus the apple juice plus the fact that there's a hole in one side and it's wearing out a bit means we're getting a new one soon. Ok I'm not so mad anymore, but I still have a sore throat and can't talk.

Update: the beer and apple juice have dried up, and they look like they were never there, but to me it smells horrible and Jeff says it smells like shandy. I think we'll still be getting a new one sometime soon still.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Eva, I can feel how angry you were with what happened and I sure empathize with you. It is so frustrating when something happens that is
    beyond your control and you can't do anything about it.
    I'm loving your blogs. You are doing a great job of writing. I look forward every day to hear what's going on. It will be a great relief to you having 2 -3 weeks in one place in Copenhagen and getting to visit your cousins and Uncle Joergen. I miss you all and I'm hoping you are soaking up everything you see and hear.

    ReplyDelete