Thursday 21 July 2016

4

Today was a pretty relaxing day. I wasn't able to blog throughout because we went swimming, and water and iPads don't mix so well. Also cause I was really busy watching YouTube. But mostly the other thing.

We went down to the water to swim, but the current is quite strong so unless you walk upstream for a bit and swim/float back, you can pretty much only wade. So I walked upstream with bare feet on the gravel path (ouch!) for awhile and rode the river back to where the rest of my family was. It's a bit tricky, because you have to be ready to swim sideways out of the current at the right time. There are some rapids just upstream from where I got in, so I wouldn't want to start any further upstream. It was nice swimming in cold water today, as it was just as hot as yesterday.

Apart from the river, all I really did was walk to the grocery store with Julias. We stocked up on staples like hackfleish (ground meat- literally hacked flesh). A lady tried to talk to me in German at the store and I had to answer in English. I'm looking forward to when we will be in France and I will be able to communicate in a language everyone there will understand. Although I've found that most people here speak at least a bit of English, enough to get by.

Jeff made a great salad for dinner with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and seasoned tuna.

Well, today was a quiet day but it was still a day in Switzerland, which makes it inherently a bit more interesting. Tomorrow should be fun, we're planning to drive to a mountain coaster. I've seen videos of people riding them (they're basically just giant slides down a mountain), and from what I can see they look amazing.

 I have no photos from today so here is a comic from theodd1sout.com

 


No comments:

Post a Comment