Friday 29 July 2016

11

Today we drove to the other side of the valley to get to accrobranche. High ropes courses in trees. I went in the car with Mathilde and Nadia, and it was very fast driving down the mountain and around all the curves. I forgot how fast people who are used to driving in skinny roads drive… It took me awhile to get used to it the last time I was here. Every time the bus to school went around a corner I thought we would hit a car coming the opposite direction. But we survived.

The ropes courses had a lot of choices of level. The highest at two were black and super-black. The lowest was green, then blue, super-blue, and red. I started on red thinking it would be equivalent to the adult course in Victoria at Treego, and I was right. It was about the same. I wouldn't want to do anything higher than that I think. Black would kill my arms even more. And there was a Tarzan swing thing which I skipped because I didn't think I could make it with my jello arms.

After the red corse and some really cool long ziplines, I did the two blue courses with my family. It's interesting: I think my French has come back pretty much entirely after only being here for two days.

Accrobranche was really fun. After that we came back to the house and met up with Clem who had just gotten back from a group trip to Spain. We all went in the pool, we even got Jeff to join in. Dinner was tartiflette, which normally they only make in the winter to have after skiing, but so we could taste it they made it for us now. After dinner we all kinda migrated to the living room and hijacked a movie Clem was watching. And then to bed.

If there's a certain amount of detail lacking from this post, it's because I'm trying to get the very most out of my time here with the Croisats. We've been busy the entire day visiting and playing music and talking and doing activities, so the time for writing them down is shorter. Just know that I'm having an amazing time here and I absolutely know it's not the last time we'll have both families together. I hope the Croisats come visit us in Victoria next time. Bisous à tous!

 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment