Saturday 21 April 2012

The lighthouse point trail, and a giant fiddle

Went for a walk on lighthouse point trail, and it was really pretty. The lighthouse on the point was the first to be built in Canada, and has been there since 1734. It looked very old.
For part of that walk, there was really strong, really flexible grass growing along the sides of the path, so while we were walking I made a braided rope with it. It was about a foot and a half long when I was done, and I tried pulling it to see how strong it was and I couldn't break it. Then I tied it to a walking stick that we took, and returned the walking stick and left it on there.
Then we went to see the worlds largest violin in downtown Sydney, but there were signs saying " no access" stopping us from getting close to it so we jumped the signs and quickly took lots of pictures. That violin and the giant hockey stick in Duncan makes Canada the number one country for worlds largest sculptures, at least in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment