Saturday 6 August 2016

15

Yesterday we drove from Thrushes to Cardiff, in the middle of outgoing Friday traffic from London. It took a good two maybe three hours more to get here than we thought it would.

We have a small apartment here in Cardiff. It has doors on springs, which can get annoying very fast. It's also quite small for five people, but it will be fine for the two-ish weeks we're here.

Last night we watched the Olympic opening ceremony. It was neat to watch live, but we didn't make it through all the county names. We got to letter M.

Today was the last day for Gishwhes, so we finished up the last items we could. There are a lot of un submitted but subscribed-to items that I hope our team members get in before tomorrow.

There's a park right across the street from us here, which I brought Tobin to today in order for him to let out some of his energy. During this time, the rest of our family went to a big grocery store by car and stocked up on at least a hundred pounds worth of food. I think we're set for awhile. Olympic rowing was on TV during dinner.

Well, off I go to my pull out sofa bed. It's tricky because it's in the middle of the living room/kitchen, so it's harder for me to sleep in. It also means I can't go to bed until I kick everyone out of the main area. But at least I don't have to share a room.


No comments:

Post a Comment