Tuesday 8 April 2014

20


Caves and blanket forts:
A poem. 

March 23, 24

Sunday:
Caves: OSEF organized
Got to see Elsa and Manon. Finally. 
Sleepover the night before, dinner with the Poulains, 10 kids at one table!
Big cave, short tour
Commercialized cave light show. Kinda wrecked the natural feeling of the cave. 
Got lost on the way. 
Strange weather... Snow? Rain? Fog? 
Road closed, long way round 
Got there just in time, running (panicked)...
In the end Horne lake on Vancouver island was more interesting.
Disappointed by lack of real "caving". No crawling around. Everyone seemed happy though. And I was too. 
Blind salamanders; no evolution for millions of years; very interesting. On dirait des verres de terres...

Monday:
Not so great day at school. 
Snow on the ground;
I thought It was spring?
4 hour break with nothing in the middle of the day. Booooored
Gym not so bad- weightlifting 
Shoulders+ back+ calves bugging me a bit. 
Got home at 6:30pm
Really tired, hungry, not so great..
Then
Nadia makes my day:
Comes up to me
Reminds me about my promise to make a blanket fort with her
Start to build fort 
right up until dinner
Huge fort, fills whole room. 
I mean HUGE. 
Clothes lines and clothes pins and blankets and bed sheets and pillows and a lot of work
Supplies low, must economize. 
Fun. 
Different rooms in the fort:
Kitchen, four bed spaces
Mine doubles as the living room
Super cozy 
Sleeping there for the week 
Or at least next couple days
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment